I tried to make a video while I packed, but had a delightful amount of technical difficultly. Instead, I pulled up some videos of the techniques I personally use to get everything into carry on!
- Zuca Pro. No matter what type of bag you take, I highly recommend packing cubes!
- If you want to see my actual packing list, click here.
- I use packing cubes, and take it one step further by bundle packing my clothes in to the packing cubes. I find that I can get a lot more clothes into the cube when I use the bundle packing method.
- I put liquids (like my foundation and concealer) into contact lens cases. No need to take the whole bottle! (Full disclosure- I don’t wear much makeup in general!)
- We don’t take much. Take a few days worth of clothes. Wash them in the sink as you go. It’s not always fun, but it IS awesome to not have to haul around a huge bag. It’s not as hard as you’d think either. Less stuff=less to carry and less to lose.
- Bring a fordable duffel bag that folds flat in your bag. Here’s one secret- I DO sometimes check my bag on the way back. We’ll pack the essentials in the duffel to carry on, and then check our actual bags. A lost bag on the way home is a lot easier to deal with than a lost bag on the way there.
I hope this helps! I think “How do you get everything into carry-ons” was the #1 question people asked me. (Other than “Sri where?” that is. 🙂